Sunday, January 30, 2011

My new best friend

Have you ever had that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you've deleted something you've spent hours creating?! Well that is exactly what happened to me tonight as I went to update my lesson plan template only to find that I must have accidentally deleted it!!! In my crazed state, I remembered that I had emailed a copy to myself at school so that I could print them off there if I needed to as well. The only problem was that it was in PDF format as I wanted to maintain the fonts that I use from my home computer that we do not have installed at school. Well, I now have a new best friend!! I googled "pdf to word converter" and came up with several hits. I tried this site http://www.pdftoword.com/ which made the process super easy. I simply uploaded my file, picked the file type I wanted and then put in my email address. Less than 3 minutes later, my PDF file was sent to me as an editable word doc!!! What a life saver!!! The format was maintained as was all of the text. I did lose a couple of images and some of the fonts did not transfer through but the time it will take me to change those few things FAR outweighs the time it would have taken me to recreate the entire document. I especially liked this site as no download was required!!! Hmmm.. knowing how easy it is, I'll be curious to see what else I can do with this site. In the meantime, I am one VERY happy camper as I can spend my extra time creating rather than redoing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment