Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing and Pitching and Purging, Oh My!

Our school year has come to an end~ the kiddos have gone home, the college kids have started their cleaning and I am sitting amongst PILES of stuff as I am in the process of moving my classroom from one end of the building to the other. We're only 3 days into vacation and a small part of me is  feeling the anxiety of being ready for next year already- not because time is flying by, but rather because of the long list of things that is in front of me (moving rooms wasn't originally on that long list but has moved up to the #1 spot) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as it is going to make me go through (hopefully) all of my stuff and decide what I really don't use or want anymore. We have 2 new teachers joining our team so hopefully they will be able to benefit at the same time. I keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time... get everything moved to the new room and let it sit for a few weeks, then when my boys go to summer school for 2 weeks in July, hit it hard to unpack and organize it all in the new room.
On a more exciting and positive note, my iPads have arrived for my model classroom (yep, that's one of the things on my long list for this summer) and I was able to check one out to bring home and play with over the summer- another reason I want to get everything moved- so I have some iPad play time.
well, back to work.... I'm ironing my seat sacks which I brought home to wash for next year.  Cross one more little thing off my "To do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment