Tuesday, August 16, 2011

When do the kids come??


I hate to wish summer away, but seriously, I'm ready to get this tech show on the road!
I've tried to make time this week relax but keep finding myself coming back to thoughts of what I want to accomplish this year with my students, how I want my model technology classroom to function, and how I envision embedding different tech tools and learning styles into my classroom.  I wish I could say I answered all these questions, but I think I've only begun to scratch the surface. C'est la vie!  When faced with the many other tasks that seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year, I've come to conclude that some of these answers will come after the kids show up and I know what their learning styles are and what experience(s) they will bring with them. 

Our Information Technology Vision Statement

I spent time reviewing my district's technology vision statement and am confident that I am on the right track with what I am envsioning for my kiddos. Despite having the youngest learners of all the model technology classrooms, I envision technology integration and 21st century learning skills to be a crucial part of my curriculum. I am bound and determined to show that even 1st graders can effectively and productively utilize these tools, albeit with a bit more guidance and structure. My learners are digital natives to the core and it is my job to adapt my teaching to their learning. I by no means want the extent of our tech integration to be only app based. 

Here's looking forward to a year of technology, adventure, trial and error, excitement, fun, growth, reflection, and lots of learning! Let the journey begin!



1 comment:

  1. Your site is amazing! My name is Ashlea and I teacher first Grade at CHIME Elementary in Los Angeles.

    http://www.chimeinstitute.org/

    I'm going to be sharing your blog with our faculty/staff for K-8 at our PD this week. Do you have any ideas/resources for teaching the Open Court Curriculum?

    Our school is a charter so we have a lot of flexibility in how we teach. We use the Open Court curriculum as our guide in teaching reading but it can be boring still. Also what other information do you have on the Daily 5?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete