Sunday, February 5, 2012

100th Day

 It's the 100th day... well almost, but I'm gearing up. This year I am going to try and embed a little bit more technology into our day.

One of the activities we will be utilizing is commenting on our classroom blog. After my previous ramblings and networking with a couple of other 1st grade teachers on my PLN (Thanks Laurie, from MorningSunFirstGrade), I am in the process of investigating and setting up a KidBlog but it won't quite be ready by Tuesday, so we're going to leave our responses as comments on our classroom blog, The Dog Blog. My question for them is simply, "What did you like best about the 100th day?" Not very creative, but I want something simple that they can be successful with , especially since I will have 6 kiddos from another class joining us during this time that are not familiar with our blog.

I also plan to use the awesome SMARTboard lesson that I bought last year from Smart Lesson Stop called Hip, Hip, Hooray It's the 100th Day! If you haven't checked out their site, it's worth the trip. Lots of great, well made SMARTboard lessons all for the low price of $2.50. I love making my own files, but sometimes it's nice to find something different to mix it up a bit.


This page of the file has kids highlight 2 numbers on the interactive hundred grid and then find the difference. This ties in well with our math lesson as we just finished learning about differences. I plan to use this page in a little bit different way as well. I bought 100 Pixie Sticks for my kiddos and numbered each one of them. (shhhh... they don't know yet so if you're reading this, don't tell them!) I plan to hide them around the room during lunch on Tuesday and then we'll have a scavenger hunt to find them all. As we find them, the kids will need to bring me the Pixie Stick and flip the number on the hundred grid that they found. This will be great for a couple of my kiddos that still need help locating numbers on the number grid, and for the rest of us, a little bit of fun.

Looking for some other great ideas for your 100th day? Check out this website, Technology Rocks, Seriously.  Always some great sites and ideas to check out here!
Happy 100th Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment